Sunday, March 1, 2009

School vegetables, caterpillars, and Cold Stone

I love our school's vegetables. Maybe it's because they are drenched in oil and garlic or maybe it's because they are so very fresh. Here they are, growing in the school's garden.

We aren't quite sure how our chef cleans these vegetables. On more than one occasion, we have found bugs on our plate. This Friday, it was a caterpillar. This Friday, I also discovered that Debbie worked at Cold Stone in high school. So this Friday, after our unsatisfying caterpillar veggie meal, we indulged ourselves and spent our whole 30 minute walk from our school to the bus stop asking Debbie about her favorite flavor combinations she made while working at Cold Stone. Yes, it was a 30 minute conversation, interrupted only by the snake-looking worm on the side of the street. I don't know why I enjoy this video so much but I do. 
This Friday, I also decided that I would eat a caterpillar for a bowl of Cold Stone ice cream, if given the opportunity. I would maybe even eat the snake-looking worm. And if Debbie and Kristy weren't willing to eat their caterpillars, I would eat Debbie and Kristy's caterpillars too so that I could eat their bowls of Cold Stone ice cream. With these three caterpillars, I could get three bowls of ice cream! One with half chocolate ice cream and half mint ice cream with brownies and Reeses. And I could get one with cheesecake ice cream with graham cracker pie crust, strawberries and almonds. And I could get one with chocolate ice cream with carmel, coconut, brownies and pecans. Speaking of pecans, I want Pecan Praline Aggie Ice Cream. And speaking of Aggie Ice Cream, I want Lemon Custard Aggie Ice Cream. And on that note, I am now going to go eat some rice.   

0 comments: