Friday, January 23, 2009

A hello and goodbye to Catherine

Catherine is a teacher here in Zhongshan but was only at our school for extra holiday help. She went home today for Chinese New Year and will be going back to the school she normally teachers after the vacation. I LOVE her and am going to miss her SO much! She is so genuinely nice and I am so sad that she won't be at our school for the whole time that I am here.
My camera pooped out on me last week so I unfortunately had to buy a new one. I asked Catherine where a good place was to buy a camera here and she offered to go with me to find a camera. Our schedules didn't work out though so I got a camera without her, but she said she would take me shopping sometime instead. I told her I wanted to get some cheap "hip Chinese music" and she said that she knew just the right place: Walking Street. Some other teachers decided to come with us and it was so fun! Walking Street was so festive and decorated for the New Year.
And now I have my Chinese version of Now 21, thanks to Catherine. She picked it out herself. Cost? $1.90 American dollars. I've been listening to it ever since I bought it and it's pretty catchy.
Remember how I told said that we were a big deal? Well, these boys were following us on our way home with their phones, snapping pictures of our back sides. They finally got the courage to ask for a picture with us. I think I look more like them than Lindsey in this picture.

0 comments: